The fund aims at providing exposure to the BNP Paribas Equity World Climate Care Strategy while securing 90% of the highest NAV (Net Asset Value) achieved during the year.
The THEAM Quant Funds – World Climate Navigator 90% Protected fund aims to increase the value of its assets over the medium term by being exposed to a dynamic basket of global equities (the BNP Paribas World Climate Care Strategy), the components of which, are chosen using a systematic selection method based on environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria, as well as carbon emission, energy transition and financial robustness criteria. Additionally, the fund benefits from a protection mechanism from the Guarantor whereby, at least until 4th March 2024, the Net Asset Value (NAV) is at least 90% of the highest NAV reached since inception – the 90% capital protection is achieved via the use of options.
- To achieve its objective, the fund implements a quantitative investment strategy through partial and variable exposure to the BNP Paribas Equity World Climate Care Index:
- The index provides exposure to global companies with high ESG standards (by applying ESG filters and exclusions);
- The selection of companies is made to ensure positive financial outlook, liquidity and risk reduction;
- Companies are further screened on the basis of their carbon footprint and their energy-transition strategy, following a scoring method provided by Moody’s ESG Solutions.
- The fund also features a protection mechanism which secures 90% of the highest NAV reached during a given 12-month period – this protection level resets yearly at 90% of the last valuation recorded for the fund.